- In school year 2016/2017 we have
- 3 classes
- 34 pupils – 23 boys and 11 girls
- Pupils with speech disorders: alalia, dysarthria, rhinolalia, specific reading and writing disorders
- 3 class teachers, 2 assistant teachers, 3 speech therapists, 1 special education teacher
Curriculum and study period
- Studying according to national curriculum – pupils with normal intelligence
- Study period longer – 10 years not 9 as usual
- Teaching methods mixed with those that are being used in teaching children with mental disabilities
- About ¼ our students study according to individual curriculas
- Every student has an individual chart that is used to mark individual learning techniques, study progress, motivation, social abilities, etc
- Individual speech therapy – to every 1st grade pupil. Later only for children with severe speech problems – in the 2nd and 3rd grade about 1/3 pupils attend individual therapy sessions.
- Group therapy for minimizing learning difficulties and developing psychomotor skills – 3-4 children in one group.
- Several activity clubs: football, basketball, dancing class, art class
- Regular visits to different museums, parks, hiking tracks, nearby beach, library
- Summer camp in Southern Estonia